Biological Sewage Treatment maximising onboard space.
CleanSewage Bio is designed to minimize the attention with sewage treatment to the lowest level possible. The accessibility from one side allows ship designers to plan space in the engine room on a whole new level. The system is part of RWO’s leading Total Water Management offer.
Operators and crew are pleased with a hygienic no-touch-cleaning system, an intuitive status control allows checking at a glance, whether the system is running or intervention is necessary. Thereby CleanSewage Bio works with a proven biological treatment technology compartmentalized in 3 process steps that ensures the highest water quality according to MEPC.227(64).
How it works:
- RWO CleanSewage Bio works with a biological treatment technology compartmentalized in 3 process steps. As a first step the sewage is separated from heavier solids and particles causing clogging or damages in further process steps. In the Moving-Bed Biofilm Reactor (MBBR) organic matter is degraded into carbon dioxide and water by microbial activity. Biofilm carriers inside are clustered in cages, which significantly eases handling and maintenance. Aeration stabilises the biomass and prevents harmful and dangerous gases from forming.
- In the Clarifier residual solids and suspended activated sludge are separated by sedimentation and turned back into the MBBR. The clean sewage flows into the Disinfection chamber.
- Here a chlorine-based disinfection chemical is added. The clean water is then pumped overboard. To meet the limit values set for the chlorine content, a special neutralising agent, LC35, is dosed prior to the discharge pump. Treated excess sludge, reduced in volume, can be discharged or collected in an external tank. Due to the biomass retained by the MBBR process, sludge discharge does not interfere with the performance of the plant.
Key Features & Benefits
- Integrated mechanical pre-treatment
- No harmful or flammable chemicals
- Certificate of Type Approval for Sewage Treatment Plants according IMO MEPC.227(64) issued under the authority of the Federal Republic of Germany by BG Verkehr
Easy to operate:
- No-touch-system for hygienic sludge discharge
- 100% control through individual switches for every component.
- Fast restart after maintenance due to biomass carrier in cages
- No holding tank necessary
- Up to 25% less space demand through unique one-side access
Suitable for black & grey water.
Compatible with all vacuum systems.