MARINE WATER TECHNOLOGY
Thalenhorststrasse 15 A
28307 Bremen, Germany
Phone: +49 421 53705 - 0
Fax: +49 421 53705 - 440
Mineralisation and De-Acidification
A post-treatment of desalinted water from evaporators or R.O. units is absolutely necessary to get healthy, potable water. The mineralisation and de-acidification process inside the RWO mineralising units servers to establish and maintain corrosion inhabiting properties and slightly increases the hardness. The application of a mineralising unit has advantages for crew and passengers, as well as for the equipment material for distribution, storage and consumers such as air-conditions, ice makers, heating systems etc.
- water becomes potable and sgows a considerable improvement of taste and odour
- water becomes more healthy
- corrosion in the pipes and storage tanks is avoided, solution of poisonous heavy metals from the pipe surface in the water is prevented
- ship equipment is protected against corrosion and subsequent damages
Chemical Dosing Units for Water Treatment
Dosing Units on Board:
Fresh water and service water on board of ships is necessarily taken from various sources. To compensate the varying water quality the water has to be treated with chemicals.
With RWO dosing units you can easily and reliably condition the water to serve the intended use and to meet the technical requirements. The field of applictions includes the dosing of:
- Acids for alkalinity reduction and scale prevention
- Polyelctrolytes for coagulation of suspended solids and an improved subsequent filtration
- Scale inhibitors to avoid scale deposits on reverse osmosis membranes
- Disinfectants for shock treatment in order to avoid bacterial growth
- Chlorine to avoid biological growth in pipes and storage tanks
- Hydrated lime or caustic soda for pH adjustment to neuralize dissolved free carbon dioxide
RWO dosing units feature solenoid driven disphragm guarantees durability and dosing accuracy. All parts in contact with media are chosen for their resistance against the standard chemicals used for water treatment.
The control of the pump allows a continous adjustment of injection volume and frequency. This guarantees an adaptation to the dosing characteristics of the dosing agents.
- high dosing accuracy
- local control for adjustment of dosing rate
- integral dosing head deaeration for degasing of chemiacals
- easy installation and maintance
- high operational reliability
- high quality materials
- accessories in great variety
Dosing Units AM:
The AM line of products is designed for dosing proportionally to the flow. Contact signals from a water meter guarantee the appropriate dosing rate. This is important where to regulations must be observed or the dhemicals are expensive.
Dosing Units HM:
Dosing units of the HM typeare designed for applications where proportional dosing rates are not necessary or not applicable.
- Automatic control units for dosing units
- Water meters for in-line installation, generating the timing pulse which is necessary for flow controlled dosing rates
- A range of containers of different sizes for dosing chemicals
- Handoperated mixers or motor driven mixers with timer and protection against dry running
- Level switches for low level alarms and dry-running alarm
- external failure signal