28359 Bremen, Germany
Phone: +49 421 53705 - 0
Fax: +49 421 53705 - 440
How it works - RWO's OWS-COM
The adsorber cartridges are on the right side of the OWS-COM.
RWO's oily water separator complies with the latest IMO Resolution MEPC.107(49) using a combination of highly effective open permeable original RWO coalescer in combination with a second stage emulsion breaking oil and hydrocarbon polisher.
The core components within the polisher stage are the activated carbon cartridges. These are specifically designed and manufactured for high efficiency removal of free, dispersed and emulsified oils from water. The activated carbon adsorbs the hydrocarbons and bonds the oil in a very short time. The water then flows radially into the cartridge where the adsorption media instantly encapsulates and solidifies the oil.
The adsorption cartridges have been specifically developed and manufactured for high efficiency removal of dissolved and dispersed oil from marine bilge treatment systems.
- Easy handling and operation
- More than 2 times longer service lifetime compared to other cartridges
- No oil release once adsorbed, cartridge blocks after saturation
- High efficiency removal of all strong emulsified oil
- Fulfills requirements of < 5ppm
- Less exchange intervals
- Reduced labour costs
- Significant improvement of the total costs of ownership